NOVICE SADDLE SERIES
2022 Novice Saddle Series
4 TQHA approved shows in 2022. (**Approved Series shows will rotate per year)
Click each show for schedules and information:
- Texas Festival – April 21 – 24, 2022
- Athens Summer Jubilee – July 6 – 10, 2022
- The Classic – September 1 – September 5, 2022
- TQHA Introductory Show – December 10, – 11, 2022
**TQHA novice exhibitor must show @ 3 out of 4 of these shows to be eligible.
**TQHA Intro Show is mandatory
2022 Saddle Series Winners:
2021 Saddle Series Winners:
Level 1 Amateur - Showmanship Level 1 Amateur - Horsemanship
Level 1 Amateur - HSE Level 1 Amateur - Ranch Riding
Level 1 Amateur - Trail Level 1 Amateur - WP
Level 1 Amateur - HUS
Level 1 Youth - Showmanship Level 1 Youth - Horsemanship
Level 1 Youth - HSE Level 1 Youth - Ranch Riding
Level 1 Youth - Trail Level 1 Youth - WP
Level 1 Youth - HUS
WHAT IT IS:
TQHA Approved Shows that have the following novice classes.
- 7 novice classes (Am & Youth =14 total)
- Ranch Riding, HUS, HSE, Horsemanship, Pleasure, Trail, Showmanship
- Only TQHA members eligible for awards
- Year-End Final High Point
**Awarded at TQHA Annual Meeting Awards Banquet – January 2022
- Both exhibitor and horse owner must be current TQHA members. (No retroactive must be a member by Aggie Super Circuit – can join at the horse show)
- Must be AQHA L1 eligible.
- Must show at 3 of the 4 nominated shows, TQHA intro show is mandatory.
- Do not have to show to every judge at those shows, but all judges do count.
- Each individual judge’s placing (show) at the nominated shows counts towards year-end (saddle) points in the respective division.
•• For example: For the L1 Am Trail there will be 13 eligible judges(shows) you do not have to show to all 13 judges, however, all 13 judges’ placings will count towards year-end saddle series awards.
- Points are determined by the number of entries in the class up to 10pts. For example: If there are 10 people in the class 1st place gets 10pts, 2nd place gets 9pts, 3rd gets 8pts, etc.
- In the event of a tie, the person that has shown to the most judges wins the tie-breaker. Second tie-breaker – a person with the most 1sts. Thereafter will be under the discretion of TQHA.
Points Per Place
|# Horses in class||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th|
|9 & over||9||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
2021 Current Standings
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Amateur Horsemanship
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Amateur Showmanship
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 HSE Amateur
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 HUS Amateur
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Ranch Riding Amateur
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Western Pleasure Amateur
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Trail Amateur
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Youth Horsemanship
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Youth Showmanship
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 HSE Youth
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 HUS Youth
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Ranch Riding Youth
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Western Pleasure Youth
Novice Saddle Series - Level 1 Trail Youth